Dr. Malhotra is a board certified gastroenterologist in the Clear Lake, Webster and Texas City Area associated with Coastal Gastroenterology Associates, PA (http://www.mygiclinic.com). He trained at UTMB and MD Anderson after an year of post doctoral research fellowship at Yale University. Dr. Malhotra is proficient in most GI Procedures such as EGD, Colonoscopy, Hemorrhoidal banding and ERCP.
He provides consultations at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Mainland Medical Center, Christus St. Johns Hospital, Triumph Care and Cornerstone Hospital. Our main office is located in Webster (Clear Lake), and we have a satellite office in Texas City, near Mainland Medical Center.
His expertise lying in providing the following services in his clinic and hospital set-up:
- Screening for Colon cancer via colonoscopy. His expertise lies in performing difficult polypectomies. He has developed a unique approach of using minimal amount of colon prep on the day of colonoscopy ( 1 liter same day prep).
- Management of GERD/ Reflux
- Dysphagia management (food getting stuck in chest) via dilation during EGD. He has a cohort of Eosinophilic patients who have done exceptionally well under his care. He has performed numerous procedures to remove food stuck in the esophagus.
- Treatment of gastric ulcer, peptic ulcer disease. Performing therapeutic endoscopic procedures to prevent bleeding from ulcers.
- Hepatitis C treatment : our patients are currently on the latest therapy (Sovaldi) providing cure rate of up to 90%
- Hepatitis B treatment and management with aim to prevent liver cancer
- Management of alcohol liver disease, fatty liver disease
- Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative Colitis). He has taken care of complex patients with fistulas, stricture and abscess successfully with the aim of avoiding surgery with use of biological agents (remicade, humira, etc)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Diverticular disease : especially early treatment of diverticulitis to prevent complications
- Biliary disorders : CBD stone extraction, Laser to break large stones. SPY glass procedures.
- Pancreatic disorders : management of pancreatitis
- Hemorrhoid treatment : banding and clipping
- Treatment of C. Diff infection with fecal transplant
Please feel to call him and talk to him.
Visit also our practice website :